Checkpoint Systems’ Sense + Respond Solution Provides Multi-Channel Retailers with Real-Time Insights, Predictive Analytics
Cloud-Based Merchandise Visibility solution on Microsoft Azure Transforms Shopper Engagement Across all Channels; Creates Responsive Retail Infrastructure
Checkpoint announced today that it has collaborated with Microsoft Corp. to bring Checkpoint RFID Merchandise Visibility solutions to the cloud, and enhance them utilizing Microsoft analytical tools. The resulting cloud-based merchandise visibility solution, Sense + Respond, provides multi-channel retailers with a flexible, fast deployment approach to gather real-time insights and predictive analytics.
Sense + Respond utilizes Checkpoint Systems’ leading Internet of Things (IoT) platform for retailers, the OAT Foundation Suite, along with Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions, enabling retailers to make informed business decisions in real-time.
“In the race to win shopper loyalty, retailers must find better, faster ways to understand and engage connected consumers across channels,” said Uwe Sydon, Senior Vice President of Innovation, Checkpoint Systems. “As the global RFID deployment leader, we chose to collaborate with Microsoft to create a scalable, easy-to-deploy merchandise visibility solution that enables retailers to quickly realize value.”
The new merchandise visibility solution positively impacts retail revenue by optimizing the following:
- Increased customer engagement and conversion across channels through real-time, sensor-enabled shopper insights, integrated with systems of record and business intelligence tools.
- Increased omni-channel fulfillment efficiency, service quality and employee empowerment through sensor-enabled task management applications.
- Improved supply chain agility and optimized last-mile delivery through real-time inventory transparency and order fulfillment process automation.
- Increased shelf availability in-store through improved inventory tracking and accuracy.
- Faster deployment and lower total cost of ownership through high-performing cloud-based and hybrid IT architecture solutions.
- A 360-degree view of customer behavior and touch points through the integration of multi-modal sensor data (RFID, NFC, Location-Based etc.) with retailers’ existing systems of record.
- Actionable and powerful insights to retailers by integrating Checkpoint’s rich IoT data and the powerful machine learning of Microsoft Azure for data mining and predictive analytics capabilities.
According to Brendan O’Meara, Managing Director of Worldwide Retail and Consumer Goods, Microsoft, “Retailers are increasingly deploying sensor solutions for real-time insights at each step in the shopping journey, whether online, on mobile devices or in brick and mortar stores. Checkpoint’s Sense + Respond solution running on the Microsoft Azure IoT Suite integrates RFID and enterprise systems into an intelligent cloud that ‘connects the dots’ of the modern shopper experience and empowers retailers to respond quickly to fast-evolving consumer needs.”
Checkpoint will be demonstrating the Sense + Respond solution in Microsoft Booth #2803 at the NRF Big Show January 17 – 20, 2016.
Checkpoint will offer this new solution through its worldwide sales teams beginning in early 2016.